readReading ladders are a way to analyze reading growth and habit by compiling a list of novels, plays and short stories read over a period of time. To give a more precise reflection, the total number of pages- compiled from all of the texts read- are divided by the number of weeks in the period of time that one has been reading. The number is further divided by the number of days in a week to produce the end result of an approximate number of pages read per day. This number is referred to as the reading rate. Also included in reading ladders are reviews of personal top three texts that appear on the ladder, as well as reading goals for the next term or semester of school.

I have found reading ladders to be an extremely useful tool to use in order to examine how much and of what content I read over a period of time. I would recommend their use to anyone curious about their own reading habits, as I was.

My Reading Ladders:

Fall Reading Ladders

Summer Reading Ladders

Winter Reading Ladders

Image Credit-

Boon, L. (2014, October 12). 10 Books Every Programmer Should Read. Retrieved September 30, 2015.

http://codepancake.com/10-books-every-programmer-should-read/